If you don’t already have a listing on aucklandnz.com you can list by registering with Tourism New Zealand's consumer website newzealand.com. Go to register.newzealand.com and create one for free today.
From here, you can add your business listing, which will show on newzealand.com after it has been approved by Tourism New Zealand and this will automatically feed through to aucklandnz.com. A listing on newzealand.com puts your business in front of over 12 million potential visitors each year.
Note: Do not register again if you have already done so because your email address will not work if you have.
For businesses who are wishing to update or edit their listing, they can log in at register.newzealand.com in the top right hand corner of the black bar.
For operator database enquiries e.g. you cannot recall your log in details, please email Becky McEwan at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and company name to get these reset.
Once you are logged in, you can edit your listing/s. Make sure you check through all eight steps (Type & Description to Register for i-SITES). Trade & i-SITEs are optional so you do not need to fill these out, but make sure you click the 'next' button at the bottom of each page.
Important - to be shown on aucklandnz.com you must check the ‘Consent & Authority’ box. If this box is not checked, your listing will not appear on aucklandnz.com.
Once this has been completed, your listing will go to Tourism New Zealand for approval which can take up to seven days. Once approved, your listing will appear on newzealand.com and will also appear on aucklandnz.com.
Tourism New Zealand now also have a video tutorial online to help assist you with creating and editing your listing.
Overview of BookIt
Since 2004 BookIt has been New Zealand's established, proven, reliable and truly independent online booking market place that supports online bookings of any travel and tourism product from hotels to hot air balloons.
Key benefits of using BookIt
- BookIt is integrated into the AucklandNZ.com website and will offer the best user experience possible with even greater exposure of your product
- BookIt supports any kind of tourism product and provides an advanced cross-selling system that allows up-selling of related products when customers are booking online
- BookIt handles all customer payments, including amendments and refunds for cancellations. All associated invoicing requirements are also handled by the system
- All payments are taken in real time at the time of booking confirmation. The funds are held in BookIt's trust facility and released weekly by direct bank transfer. By default all bookings are pre-paid on or around 7 days prior to the customer arriving. However you can also choose 20th of the following month terms - it is up to you and BookIt is flexible. The system settles the payment owing to you, directly to your bank account and generates an IRD approved buyer created tax invoice for this payment
- BookIt provides comprehensive support. You can contact them toll free on 0508 BOOKIT (0508 266548) or by email to email@example.com.
The next step - register with BookIt
Registration is simple. You will need to go online at register.bookit.co.nz and complete the registration process.
Get your event on AucklandNZ.com by simply listing yourself on Eventfinder.co.nz. All events now pull through directly from Eventfinder which should make it easier for event organisers to ensure that their events reach as many people as possible.
Registering with Eventfinder is free and only takes a minute or two.
Please note that we do not list events that run weekly, for example: markets as we have another dedicated section for activities like this. We also only list music events that are viewed as "concerts" or "one-offs".
All dining options are now sourced directly from Menumania, so to get your eatery on Aucklandnz.com all you need to do is list yourself on menumania.co.nz.
Registering with Menumania is free and the more information and images you can provide the better.